5 Ways to Make Veggies Delish
Jan 14, 2018
You know that feeling when you eat a veggie and it tastes exactly like... poo?
I am here to un-poo your vegetables! So let’s get right to it. Because seriously, we’ve all tasted a vegetable that is just NOT our go-to for nutrients.
If you can’t stand the way veggies taste, try these five tips to make them more delicious. Your tastebuds will thank you.
- Roast them: Cut your veggies into bite-sized pieces, lay them flat on a pan, and bake at 425F until crispy (usually 20-25 minutes).
- Add seasoning: If plain ol’ roasted isn’t doing it for you, add some flavor by sprinkling on some seasoning before you roast. My go-to seasonings are seasoned salt or garlic salt + dill. YUM!
- Try popcorn seasoning: If the tips above still aren’t cutting it, try grabbing some popcorn seasoning (over by the popcorn at the grocery store). There are so many delicious flavors like ranch, parmesan, and white cheddar. Put this bad boy on AFTER you roast your veggies.
- Drizzle butter on top: You know why restaurant vegetables are so delicious? They’re drenched in butter. I love me some butter, but for the love of veggies, please drizzle! Do this with melted butter or olive oil before seasoning and roasting.
- Make it a combo: Combining your not-so-favorite veggies with other delicious vegetables (think roasted brussel sprouts chopped up with broccoli, onions, and bell peppers) is a great way to bring out more flavor. Add them to salads, dump them in pasta, eat them solo… whatever floats your boat!
Veggies may not be everyone’s favorite food, but these tips will definitely make them taste delicious, so give them a try!
Happy veggie eating!